Inside The dotNET

Microsoft products may be dangerous to your health, please consult a doctor before use. Do not use if you are pregnant, have diabetes, ulcers, high blood pressure, kidney or liver problems, asthma, or a heartbeat. Batteries not included, some assembly required.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

KTHML? Bah!

Patrick over at Ad Astra Per Aspera says:
Well, I've fixed all the long standing bugs with the template and the various themes, I think. I fixed that really nasty KHTML rendering bug, too.
Who cares about KTHML. KDE's Konqueror and OSX's Safari are based on this engine, and its total shit.

Both browsers fail to render tons of sites, and as Patrick said himself, KTHML couldn't even render his own blog. Why anyone would use KHTML over Firefox is beyond me. And hell, there isn't even a KTHML browser for Windows, only OSX and any platform that KDE runs on. Screw that shit.

When I do the custom theme for my blog, its going to work on MSIE and Firefox only, I'll make sure it fails to work on KHTML. Infact, I'll make sure it doesn't work on Opera either. Who the hell ever heard of paying for a browser? At least we at Microsoft gave our's away free.

3 Comments:

At November 21, 2005 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opera is free now..

Internet Explorer is not free. It is integrated in Windows, which you have to pay for.

 
At November 30, 2005 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bingo. IE costs 25 bones if you wanna get it for OXS/Linux. Opera and Firefox are both free. So is Linux, so I don't have to pay 100 clams to browse the web and go on AIM Express.

 
At December 20, 2005 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mick Sorenson,

I was doing a search for "Xbox 360 Game Pics" and your blog (KTHML? Bah!) came up. Thanks for the information on your blog. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home